Housing Advice is available from your own local council wherever you currently live.
Residents of Oadby & Wigston are invited to contact the Housing Options Team
If you are
- A tenant and have been given notice to leave by your landlord (private, council or housing association)
- Living with friends or relatives and are being asked to leave
- Living in accommodation which you now find unsuitable (for example as a result of a disability)
- A homeowner being threatened with repossession
- Someone living in fear of violence from a partner or other household member
- Or have any other housing advice query
Then the Housing Options Team will be able to offer you advice and assistance.
We aim to give comprehensive housing advice to enable residents to make informed decisions about their housing options and to prevent homelessness where possible. The Housing Options team also manages the Choice Based Lettings scheme and deal with incidents of homelessness.
To access the service
- Call Customer Services on 0116 288 8961 as many enquiries can be resolved by telephone.
- We also offer appointments by prior arrangement with Housing Options Advisors. Please visit the council's Customer Contact Centre at 40 Bell Street, Wigston or call 288 8961 to make a booking.
In an emergency:
- Please call and discuss your situation with a member of the Housing Options team on any of the numbers above. Outside normal office opening times please see www.oadby-wigston.gov.uk